Product - 08/02/2016
ECCO Wins Scandinavian Outdoor Award 2016 in the kids category
The Scandinavian Outdoor Award pays tribute to ECCOs efforts to become the preferred kids’ shoe brand.
ECCO BIOM HIKE KIDS won The Scandinavian Outdoor Award Autumn/winter 2016 at ISPO, the world’s largest sports trade fair, because it supports the natural movement of the foot and fits like a glove on childrens’ feet according to the jury. The ECCO BIOM HIKE KIDS features the Boa® System (that allows the wearer to lace up the shoe only by twisting a knob), waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® as well as a warm fur-like liner that keeps the feet dry and toasty. »The perfect winter boot for kids« according to the jury.
"We are very proud to receive this prestigious award. We have an ambition to become the preferred premium kids' footwear brand globally. With our Scandinavian roots, where functionality is key for kids’ shoes considering our cold and wet climate, we have always worked hard to create the best shoes for the new generations. This, in combination with the recognition we have received, has made our goal for global reach come even closer," says Kristin Käpplinger. Vice President Kids Business Unit.
The ECCO BIOM HIKE KIDS is available in stores from June 2016 globally.
Facts about ECCO BIOM HIKE KIDS:
• NATURAL MOTION® BIOM technology provides an anatomical, glove-like fit
• DIP (Direct-injection) mid-sole construction provides a shock absorbing flexibility of the sole
• Rubber outsole ensures an outstanding grip and traction on varied terrains
• External PU heel counter provides enhanced flexibility and comfort
• Boa® closure system provides a quick, easy and precise fastening with no pressure points
• GORE-TEX® Warm lining throughout the boot provides warm, breathable and waterproof footwear
• High cut boot provides ankle protection and additional stability for children
More about the Award
Since 2006, the competition for the Scandinavian Outdoor Award (SOA), hosted by Scandinavian Outdoor Group (SOG), aims to support product and design innovations as well as to promote new Scandinavian outdoor products. The Award enjoys a high recognition globally.
A total of 20 products, from brands of the Scandinavian Outdoor Group, were nominated. The international jury team, composed of prestigious Outdoor industry journalists and retailers, based its final judgement on the following criteria: Design, Innovation, Functionality, Quality and Sustainability.
There are four awards in total: Overall Winner, Hardware Award, Footwear Award and Apparel Award in addition to an overall Winner Award for the most complete performance in each specification.